The protection of your personal data is essential for us. All processing operations are carried out in compliance with applicable rules on personal data protection and, in particular, the Regulation (EU) 2016/679 (hereinafter “GDPR”) and the confidentiality obligations to which our company activity is inspired.
In this section we explain how SECO processes personal data collected through the website www.seco.com (hereinafter “Site”) in order to allow you to purchase products and get technical support services. We show you the nature of personal data collected by us, the purposes and how personal data are processed, the storage period and any rights conferred to you.
Please remember that products can be purchased only after your acceptance of the “general sales conditions”.
1. Who is responsible for processing your personal data?
The Data Controller is SECO S.p.A. (hereinafter “SECO”), in the person of its legal representative pro tempore, with head office in Arezzo (AR), 52100, Via P. Calamandrei, 91, Tel. + 39 0575 26979, Fax + 39 0575 350210.
2. For what purpose and on what legal basis do we process your personal data?
We inform you that your personal data may be processed for the following purposes:
- to manage registration on the Site filling the specific form;
- to manage your account in order to identify you and to allow you to purchase products and get the services offered by the Site;
- to manage purchases of products made on the Site and related payments, according to the “general sales conditions” applicable;
- to manage technical-commercial requests and sending service/support messages (such as security notices, notifications regarding the account);
- to fulfill specific obligations deriving from pre-contractual and contractual agreements, as well as legal, fiscal, accounting and regulatory provisions, as required by Community legislation, applicable laws or regulations, connected or instrumental to the purchase of the products and the use of related services;
- to protect and improve the Site and your interaction with it;
- to send promotional and commercial communications relating to products and services similar to those purchased, without prejudice to your right to object to the sending of such communications by methods that will be indicated from time to time in the same communications;
- to send, upon your prior specific consent, SECO Newsletter containing commercial and promotional communications in order to keep you updated with the products and/or the services offered (including eventual events and congresses).
Your data are processed in order to perform the contract we have entered into with you or in order to execute pre-contractual measures taken on your request, as well as to comply with a legal obligation (art. 6, par. 1, b-c, GDPR).
The processing of your data may be necessary for the purposes of the legitimate interests pursued by us, in order to ensure safety, protection and monitoring of SECO’s assets and proprieties, administrative and accounting activities and to transfer data among “SECO Group” for internal administrative purposes (art. 6, par. 1, f, GDPR).
The processing of data for emailing the Newsletter will be carried out exclusively upon your specific consent (art. 6, par. 1, a, GDPR). Please note that failure to grant consent for this purpose does not affect your ability to proceed with the purchase of products and use the related services.
We inform you that all products and services offered on this Site are reserved for the users who are at least sixteen. Subjects of a lower age will be entitled to use the Site or to purchase products and services exclusively under the supervision and authorization of a parent.
3. What types of data are processed by SECO?
While browsing the Site, the following types of data may be obtained.
3.1 Information necessary for the use of Site
The computer systems and software procedures used to operate the Site acquire, during their normal operation, some personal data whose transmission is implicit in the use of internet communication protocols. These information are not collected to be associated with identified subjects, but processing those data with others held by third parties, we could identify you. This category of data includes:
- IP addresses of the computers or devices you may use to connect to the Site;
- addresses in the URI (Uniform Resource Identifier) notation of the requested resources;
- the time of the request, the method used to submit the request to the server;
- the http response code of the server;
- other parameters relating to your browser and/or operating system.
These data are used for the sole purpose of obtaining anonymous statistical information on the use of the Site and to check its correct functioning.
Data on web contacts do not persist for more than 90 days (unless any need to ascertain criminal offenses by the Judical Authorities
3.2 Data provided voluntarily by the user
- Account’s data. Registration to the SECO platform will result in the acquisition of your personal data (such as, for example, name, surname, date and place of birth, e-mail), which will be used to activate your authentication credentials needed to proceed with the purchase of the products and use of the services made available by SECO.
- Payment’s data. If you decide to proceed with the purchase of a product, we will ask you to provide us with the details of your credit card or other electronic means of payment usable on the Site as well as the additional personal data (such as, for example, shipping address) necessary to make the shipping of the physical product you have purchased.
- Other information. Furthermore, the optional, explicit and voluntary emailing to the addresses indicated on the Site and the completion of the form available in "Contact Us" section, rise the subsequent acquisition of your e-mail, necessary to respond to your requests, as well as further data supplied by you and possibly contained in the sent request.
3.3 Information regarding Newsletter service
You can receive, periodically, the SECO Newsletter including promotional and commercial information regarding the Products and services offered by SECO (including event and congress).
The Newsletter is sent free of charge and by e-mail, if you explicitly request it by filling out the form in the appropriate section on the Site and authorize SECO to process your personal data (such as name, surname, e-mail address).
We inform you that you can unsubscribe at any time, through your account or simply by clicking on the appropriate link in each newsletter.
3.4 Social network
SECO does not control or supervise social media platforms with which your personal data may be shared, nor does it use any of the possible interactions with such platforms (for example “like” on Facebook) to perform direct marketing or profiling activities. Therefore, any question and/or request concerning how your personal data are processed by a social media should be addressed to the latter.
5. Is the provision of your personal data mandatory?
The provision of personal data is a requirement necessary to enter into the contract. Lack of, partial or incorrect provision of the data will determine the impossibility to execute the contract and fulfill legal and contractual obligations towards you.
When your consent is required, the provision of data is optional, but the non-provision of the same or a partial or incorrect provision will comport the inability to offer you what requested (for example for sending the Newsletter). You can in any case use our other services available on the Site.
6. To whom can your personal data be disclosed?
Your personal data may be communicated to the following categories of subjects:
- subsidiary and/or associated companies of SECO (SECO Group);
- agents, subcontractors and any other subject involved and/or who are part of the SECO Group sales area;
- commercial partners, operating in the electronic sector, with whom SECO or SECO Group collaborate for the development of certain projects;
- providers of customer care services, related to the Site users;
- providers of external IT services that offer IT maintenance and support, IT solutions (for example cloud services) and software solutions on behalf of SECO and/or SECO Group;
- freelance professionals or professional firms in charge of defending SECO and/or SECO Group in litigation and/or administrative proceedings by virtue of the aforementioned relationships;
- natural or legal persons appointed by SECO to perform services related to the management of payment systems in use at the Site, as well as debt collection companies;
- public security authority and judicial authority.
The updated list of these subjects can be requested by writing at firstname.lastname@example.org.
7. To whom do we transfer your data abroad?
Your personal data may be transferred abroad both in the European Union and in Third Countries, for the execution of the contract or the pre-contractual measures taken on your request, as well as the fulfillment of obligations imposed by the applicable laws.
In particular, your personal data may be transferred to:
- the companies belonging to SECO Group and to their agents in order to process purchase orders for products and respond to any information and assistance requests;
- third parties that are part of the worldwide distribution chain of which the SECO Group avails itself to process purchase orders, to distribute products, as well as for related services.
Please note that the transfer of your data abroad will take place in accordance with the provisions of art. 44 and following of the GDPR. In particular, in compliance with the provisions of the aforementioned legislation, we inform you that these transfers may take place on the basis of an adequacy decision adopted by the European Commission which proves that the recipient Country offers an adequate level of security for personal data protection.
For transfers to Third Countries where there is not a Commission decision (adequacy decision), SECO guarantees an adequate level of protection of personal data, providing "adequate guarantees" based on the provision of art. 46, GDPR.
You may request further information regarding such transfers by writing an email to SECO at email@example.com.
8. How long do we keep your personal data?
Your personal data will be stored for a period of time no longer than that necessary for the purposes for which they were collected, or subsequently processed, pursuant to legal obligations.
In particular, your personal data will be retained for the entire duration of the pre-contractual and contractual relationships and, after their extinction, only for the time necessary to ensure fulfillment of all legal obligations.
The data processed for sending the Newsletter will be kept for a period of time not exceeding that necessary for the purpose for which they were collected, or subsequently processed, in accordance with the provisions of law. In particular, following your request for having your data deleted, SECO may retain your data for a period not exceeding 12 months, after which the data will be erased or anonymized in a permanent and irreversible way.
9. What are your rights concerning the processing of your personal data?
At any time, you may ask SECO to obtain full clarity about the operations that we have described, and to exercise the rights recognized to you under art. 15 and following of the GDPR, in the manner and to the extent permitted by the law. In particular, you have the following rights:
- Right of access: you have the right to obtain access to your personal data. This enables you to receive a copy of the personal data we hold about you and to check that we are lawfully processing it;
- Right to rectification: you have the right to have your personal data rectified if the information are incorrect, including the right to have incomplete personal data completed;
- Right to erasure: you have the right to have your personal data deleted or removed where there is no good reason for us continuing to process it. You also have the right to ask us to delete or remove your personal information where you have exercised your right to object to processing;
- Right to restriction: you have the right to obtain from SECO restriction of processing where the circumstances under the article 18 GDPR apply;
- Right to data portability: whenever SECO processes your personal data, by automated means based on your consent or based on an agreement, you have the right to get a copy of your data transferred to you or to another Data Controller. This only includes the personal data you have provided to us;
- Withdrawal of consent: if the processing is based on your consent, you can revoke it at any time, however, without prejudice to the lawfulness of the processing carried out before said revocation. You can manage your consent by accessing to your account or by the guidelines indicated in our commercial communications;
- Right to object: given the right to institute judicial or administrative proceedings, you have also the right to lodge a complaint with the competent Authority when you consider that our processing of your personal data infringes data protection provisions.
Any requests advanced for the exercise of your rights must be forwarded to the following address firstname.lastname@example.org.
10. Link to other websites, platforms and applications
The Site may contain links to other websites, which can be consulted by selecting appropriate links made accessible during browsing. Access to and consultation of these websites remains, however, external to SECO’s activities, controls and/or security measures.
We would like to inform you that SECO is not liable in relation to the processing of personal data carried out by third party (websites, platforms and applications managed by data controller different from SECO). In these cases, we invite you to read carefully their privacy policies.
Last updated date: 13th November 2018