The protection of your personal data is essential for us. All processing operations are carried out in compliance with applicable rules on personal data protection and, in particular, the Regulation (EU) 2016/679 (hereinafter “GDPR”) and the confidentiality obligations to which our company activity is inspired.
In this section we explain you how SECO processes personal data collected throught the web site www.seco.com (hereinafter “Site”) in order to allow you to purchase products and get technical support services. We show you the nature of personal data collected by us, the purposes and how personal data are processed, the storage period and any rights conferred to you.
Please remember that products can be purchased only after accepting “general terms and conditions”.
1.Who is responsible for processing your personal data?
The Data Controller is SECO SpA, in the person of its legal representative pro tempore, with head office in Arezzo (AR), 52100, Via P. Calamandrei, 91, tel 0039057526979, fax 00390575350210, email firstname.lastname@example.org.
2. For what purpose and on what legal basis do we process your personal data?
We inform you that your personal data may be processed for the following purposes:
- registration on the Site filling the specific form;
- management of your account in order to identify you and to allow you to purchase products and get the services offered by the Site;
- management of purchases of products made on the Site, according to the “general terms and conditions” applicable;
- management of the payments of purchased products;
- management of technical-commercial requests through a ticketing system;
- fulfillment of specific obligations deriving from pre-contractual and contractual agreements, as well as legal, fiscal, accounting and regulatory provisions, as required by Community legislation, applicable laws or regulations, connected or instrumental to the purchase of the products and the use of related services;
- with your specific consent, in order to periodically mail a SECO Newsletter containing commercial and promotional communications to keep you updated with the products and/or the services offered (including eventual events and congresses).
The personal data processing for the purposes set out above will be carried out with your express, free and informed consent (art. 6., par. 1, lett. a, GDPR).
The processing is also carried out for the performance of a contract to which you are a part or in order to execute pre-contractual measures taken on your request, and for compliance with a legal obligations. (art. 6, par. 1, lett. b) e c), GDPR).
The processing of data for emailing the Newsletter will be carried out exclusively upon your specific request, as better described below. Please note that failure to grant consent for this purpose does not affect your ability to proceed with the purchase of products and use the related services.
3. What types of data are processed by SECO?
While browsing the Site, the following types of data may be obtained.
The computer systems and software procedures used to operate the Site acquire, during their normal operation, some personal data whose transmission is implicit in the use of internet communication protocols. These information are not collected to be associated with identified subjects, but processing those data with others held by third parties, we could identify you. This category of data includes:
- IP addresses of the computers or devices you may use to connect to the Site;
- addresses in the URI (Uniform Resource Identifier) notation of the requested resources;
- the time of the request, the method used to submit the request to the server;
- the size of the file obtained in response;
- the http response code of the server;
- other parameters relating to your browser and/or operating system.
These data are used for the sole purpose of obtaining anonymous statistical informations on the use of the Site and to check its correct functioning. This data is immediately deleted after processing.
The data could however be used to ascertain responsibility in case of any computer crimes against the Site or other users of the Web and/or for crimes prevention. Without prejudice, data on web contacts do not persist for more than the time strictly necessary for the use of the Site or for the fulfillment of the current public security obligations or required by the supervisory authorities.
Data provided voluntarily by the user
Registration to the SECO platform will result in the acquisition of your personal data (such as, for example, name, surname, date and place of birth, e-mail), which will be used to activate your authentication credentials needed to proceed with the purchase of the products and use of the services made available by SECO.
Furthermore, the optional, explicit and voluntary emailing to the addresses indicated on the Site and the completion of the form available in "Contact Us" section, rise the subsequent acquisition of your e-mail, necessary to respond to your requests, as well as further data supplied by you and possibly contained in the sended request.
If you decide to proceed with the purchase of a product, we will ask you to provide us with the details of your credit card or other electronic means of payment usable on the Site as well as the additional personal data (such as, for example, shipping address) necessary to make the shipping of the physical product you have purchased
You can receive, periodically, the SECO Newsletter including promotional and commercial information regarding the Products and services offered by SECO (including event and congress).
The Newsletter is sent free of charge and by e-mail, if you explicitly request it, by filling out the form in the appropriate section on the Site and authorizing SECO to process your personal data (such as name, surname, e-mail address).
We inform you that you can unsubscribe at any time, through your account or simply by clicking on the appropriate link in each newsletter.
4. How do we use your personal data?
The processing of your personal data is carried out for the purposes referred to in paragraph 2 above and mainly by electronic or automated means, as well as in compliance with current legislation regarding the confidentiality and protection of personal data.
The processing connected to the use of the Site and the purchase of products and services are performed only by technical personnel authorized by SECO, or by persons in charge of occasional maintenance operations. Such processing shall also be performed by subjects who provide services for the management of the Site and the SECO system as described in paragraph 7.
We inform you that, in consideration of the processing performed and the systems used, security measures have been adopted aimed at regularly monitoring said systems in order to verify the correctness, regularity and impartiality of the processing operations conducted there.
6. Is the provision of your personal data mandatory?
The provision of data for the purposes indicated in paragraph 2, lett. from a) to g) it is necessary to execute a contract of which you are a part or to execute pre-contractual measures taken on your request: failure, partial or incorrect conferment of the same will make it impossible to conclude positively the process of register and execute the aforementioned contract or take the pre-contractual measures you have requested.
The provision of data for promotional and commercial purposes (Newsletter) referred to in paragraph 2 lett. h) is optional, but the non-transmission of the same or a partial or incorrect transmission will result from SECO being unable to send you the Newsletter
7. To whom can your personal data be disclosed?
Your personal data may be communicated, within the limits strictly relevant to the obligations, tasks and purposes referred to in paragraph 2 above and in compliance with current privacy legislation, to the following categories of subjects:
- to the subsidiary and/or associated companies of SECO;
- to any agents, subcontractors, subcontractors and those involved and/or who are part of the SECO sales channel;
- to the commercial partners, operating in the electronic sector, with which SECO collaborates for the development of various types of projects;
- to the providers of external IT services that offer IT maintenance and support, IT solutions (e.g. cloud services) and software solutions on behalf of SECO;
- to freelance professionals or professional firms in charge of defending SECO in litigation and/or administrative proceedings by virtue of the aforementioned relationships;
- to natural or legal persons appointed by SECO to perform services related to the management of payment systems in use at the platform, as well as debt collection companies;
- to the public security authority and judicial authority;
- to the subjects, bodies or authorities to whom it is compulsory to communicate your personal data according to the provisions of law or orders of the authorities;
The personal data object of communication will exclusively concern the data necessary for achieving the specific purposes for which they are intended. The aforementioned subjects will process your personal data as independent Data Controllers or Data Processors. The updated list of these subjects can be requested by writing to the address SECO S.p.A. Via Calamandrei, 91, 52100 Arezzo (IT).
Your personal data are not subject to disclosure.
8. To whom do we transfer your data abroad?
The personal data you provide may be transferred abroad both in the European Union and in Third Countries, for the execution of the contract with you or the pre-contractual measures taken on your request, as well as the fulfillment of obligations imposed by applicable laws. With this aim we inform you that SECO undertakes to constantly check the correctness of the transferred data, to guarantee the legality and regularity of the processing operations carried out on your personal data.
We inform you that your data may be transferred to the companies belonging to SECO Group and to the agents of the same to fulfill the purchase orders of the products you purchased and respond to any requests for information and assistance.
Furthermore, your data may be transferred to Third parties, which SECO uses to carry out purchase orders, for the distribution of products and for the provision of related services, also located outside the European Union and the European Economic Area.
Please note that the transfer of your data abroad will take place in accordance with the provisions of Articles 44 and ss. of the GDPR. In particular, in compliance with the provisions of the aforementioned legislation, we inform you that this transfer may take place on the basis of an adequacy decision adopted by the European Commission which proves that the recipient country offers an adequate level of security for personal data protection.
For transfers to third countries where, on the other hand, there is no Commission decision, SECO guarantees an adequate level of protection of personal data, providing "adequate guarantees" based on the provisions of art. 46, GDPR.
You may request further information regarding transfers to Third Countries or a copy of such guarantees by writing an email to SECO at email@example.com.
9 How long do we keep your personal data?
Your personal data will be stored for a period of time no longer than necessary for the purposes for which they were collected, or subsequently processed, in accordance with the provisions of the legal obligations.
Specifically, the data will be kept for the entire duration of pre-contractual and contractual relationships established and, after their extinction, only for the time necessary to ensure the fulfillment of all legal obligations. For this reason, we inform you that any invoices or other documents of an accounting nature will be kept, pursuant to the provisions of art. 2220 of the Civil Code, for ten years from the date of the last registration
The data processed for sending the Newsletter will be kept for a period of time not exceeding that necessary for the purpose for which they were collected, or subsequently processed, in accordance with the provisions of the law. In particular, following your cancellation request, SECO may retain your data for a period not exceeding 12 months, after which the data will be erased or anonymized in a permanent and irreversible way.
10.What are your rights concerning the processing of your personal data?
At any time, you can have full clarity about the transactions we have reported to you and exercise the rights that you are recognized under Articles 15 and seq. of the GDPR. You can request SECO at any time, in compliance with the GDPR :
- confirmation that the processing of your personal data is currently underway and, in this case, obtaining access to the same data (so called “right of access”);
- the correction of inaccurate and / or incomplete data stored and provided, for example, at the time of registration or to take advantage of specific services made available through the Website (so-called “right to rectification”);
- the deletion of data provided (so called “right to erasure”);
- the limitation of the processing of data (so-called “right to restriction of processing”);
- to receive, in a structured format, in common and readable form, by automatic device, the personal data concerning you and also to transmit such data to another Data Controller (so-called “right to data portability”).
Furthermore, at any time, you may withdraw your consent to the processing of your personal data. Such revocation will not affect the lawfulness of the processing based on consent before revocation.
We also inform you that you also have the right to lodge a complaint with the competent Authority.
Any requests advanced for the exercise of your rights must be forwarded by writing to the address SECO S.p.A. Via Calamandrei, 91 52100 Arezzo (IT).
11. Link to other sites
The Site may contain links to other websites, which can be consulted by the user by selecting appropriate links made accessible during browsing. Access to and consultation of these sites remains, however, unrelated to SECO’s activities, controls and/or security measures.
We would like to inform you that SECO does not assume any responsibility in relation to the processing of personal data carried out by third party websites accessible via the SECO Site.
We inform you that SECO, at any time and without prior notice, may modify this information, in order to comply with national and European legislation on the processing of personal data and / or adapt to the adoption of new systems or internal procedures, or anyway for any other reason that made it opportune and/or necessary.
The aforementioned modifications will be promptly published on the Website and binding as soon as they are known. We therefore invite you to periodically consult this page.
Last updated date: 06.06.18